Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mark another one off......


 Yeah!!!! I completed another one on my February list.  This quilt was a lot of fun for me and I learned a lot from it.  I love the colors, and want to make a quilt that is very similar for myself.  I learned a few tricks to half square triangles and the hourglass block.  I also learned about thread color.  I have never really put a lot of thought into the color of thread I used to machine quilt.  I always just tried to pick a color that was in the quilt.  I chose pink thread for this quilt and it showed up really well on the green squares, but you could not see it at all on the pink squares or the border.  When I quilted this quilt it was the first time I experienced tension problems from my machine and I had to fight it throughout the whole quilt.  I  finally got the tension corrected, but I tried so many things that I am not sure what fixed the problem.  I just hope it is an experience that does not occur that often.  FEATHERS..... I have played with the feather shape a couple of times, but never really tried to make feathers.  This time I tried and I had a hard time at first.  I put a few feathers throughout the quilt but I really tried hard to make feathers on the border.  This is the back. 


 After I completed the quilt I found a tutorial on feathers and it really opened my eyes to feathers and I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM............. Just wait till my next completed project.  Yes I am close to completing another project.   Now binding.  I love binding, I think it is the final pop to the quilt and when I found the fabric I just could not resist it.

.







Till Then Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment