Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Working

  I have to say again I did not complete my list for this month, and as you will see in this post I have also done a couple of other things I was going to try and restrain myself from doing.   1-  I have purchased fabric, not to complete a project but just because I like it.  2- I have started new projects.  This one I have mixed feelings about because I love every project I have in my little room of get away and I love each new project equally.   This may be one of the things that is contributing to the fact that I cannot complete a list for the month.  I really desire to see my WIP come to life so I must try to stay on track.I have been working this month.  I will now share with you on what.  Cushions....... One of the guys I work with asked me if I would make new covers for his cushions.  Don't worry that is not the fabric I am using.  I used it to as my pattern.  This is not my comfort zone; however, it has been ok. 
 



Next, a new project.  I love the forum The Quilting Board.  They have a member block swap on it and one of the swaps you could join is a funky chicken block.  The requirements for this block is to make 6 blocks and then you get six blocks back.  I wanted more than 6 blocks so I decided to do 3 sets of 6 and here they are.   I  do have to finish sewing them and put their eyes on.  I must say they make me smile.   
 

and now the Hens

 

Roosters

 

the CHICKS

 


I have also completed the Owl quilt top and it just needs to be quilted.  I am having a little trouble deciding how to quilt it.    
 
 
  And I am just about done with my workshop matchless lonestar.
 

I am going to focus on one project and try to complete it prior to working on another.   Sounds good right...
Till Then Tracy
   

1 comment:

  1. I love the owl quilt!! That is absolutely adorable. You sure have an eye for color and design!
    (Found you from the quilting forum.)

    ReplyDelete