Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday Treasures

  I say each month that I am going to post more.  I have realized that I have not shared much about my life, the things I treasure. So I introduce to you Tuesday's Treasures.  Each Tuesday I am going to post about people or things that I treasure.  Why Tuesday?  Because that is one day of the week that I look forward to, it means I made it past Monday.  
  My first Tuesday's Treasure is my mother.  This is the beat of my heart.  I loved and still love my mother with all there is within me.  My mother Linda was the kindest person I have ever encountered and if in my lifetime I achieve to be half the woman she was I will have truly accomplished something.  My mother had that special way of making each one of us feel like we were her favorite.  I can't recall her saying a bad thing about a single person.  She was the strongest person I have ever known, sure she had times that was tough, but she was always determined to battle.  I would be very wealthy if I had a penny for every time she said that there was nothing that I could not do.  
The summer before my freshman year of high school my mother was diagnosed with a muscle disease that she fought and was a strong contender in the battle for 14 years.  Then she was diagnosed with breast cancer and it was a beast that she could not defeat.  She lost her battle with cancer within a year.  Thursday April the 15th would have been my mother's 59th birthday.  She lost her battle with cancer at the age of 53.   I am truly a blessed person to have been raised by her. The pictures are from a collage that hangs in front of my sewing table.  My mother never seen one quilt that I made. Quilting is something I embarked upon after her death.  I hope you all enjoy the pictures and I also hope you each are blessed with as my Dad would say a       
"Linda Lou" in your life. I love you mom and miss you dearly 
Till Then Tracy 



No comments:

Post a Comment